Monday, December 08, 2008

Photoshop

I have never purchased any "resources" to use for Photoshop. I'm talking about actions, or templates, or brushes, etc. Until today. I am currently waiting for my first set of Holiday Card Templates to download. I got them from the talented Angie at Simplicity Photography Designs. Go check her stuff out.

Last year and the year before, I made a couple sets of holiday cards for some clients; but I just used the templates that were offered at the retail store I print with. This year, I wanted something nicer. I am very excited to try them out. I had two Christmas sessions this year, and I know one of the clients wants cards. I'm hoping she likes these.

I am amazed by how beautiful all the templates and design resources are. People MADE them. It blows me away. I consider myself a pretty creative and technical person and I wouldn't have a clue where to start. I'm hoping to someday make my own. I could do the art part...but the logistical .psd file part...I need to get a look at how that works.

I know I will figure it out. I'm usually a whiz at self teaching...except when I hit a wall...I never want to turn to the manual or a book of any kind. So I'm sure I'm missing out on tons of potential that Photoshop has for me by not reading the books I bought. I need to work on that. But who has time to read manuals and guide books when there are pictures to take?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home